Questions Homeowners Should Ask Before Starting A Roofing Project
Choosing a roofing contractor is a huge investment. Homeowners need to know everything they need to be entirely sure about investing in roofing services. Most states don’t require roofing contractors to be licensed, so it becomes even more critical that homeowners do their research before hiring anyone. The industry is full of scams and roofing contractors who are not qualified to do the job.
When hiring a roofing contractor, always ask for referrals first. If the contractor has been in business for a while, they should have no problem providing you with a list of references. Once you have a list of potential contractors, start making calls and, most importantly, ask them questions.
How do you determine a reliable roofer?
A Roofer is reliable when they can provide you with a list of past client contacts to ask about their experience. A reliable roofer will also have no problem providing you with a detailed estimate of the costs involved in your project. Besides, a reliable roofer can answer all your questions without hesitation. If the person denies these things or perceives any possible scam, you might want to keep looking.
Most common roofing scams
These are the most common roofing scams:
- The Contractor Asks For A Large Deposit Before Starting The Job: You should always be weary of contractors who ask for more than half of the total cost upfront
- When A Contractor Uses Low-Quality Materials But Charges You For Top-Of-The-Line Products.
- The Contractor Starts The Job But Doesn’t Finish It Or Does A Shoddy Job.
- When The Contractor Demands Payment In Cash.
- When A Contractor Asks You To Sign A Blank Contract: This gives them free rein to overcharge you for their services.
Research, ask plenty of questions, and get everything in writing before signing a contract. With a little effort, you can ensure that your project will be completed without any problems.
Important Questions to Ask Your Roofing Contractor
Some of the questions you should ask a roofing contractor before starting a project:
- How Long Have You Been In Business? This question will help give you an idea of how experienced the contractor is.
- Have You Done This Type Of Work Before? This is important because you want to ensure that the contractor is familiar with the work you need to do.
- What Are Your Crew’s Experiences And Training? You want to ensure that the people working on your roof are experienced and properly trained.
- Can I See Some Examples Of Your Previous Work? This will allow you to see the quality of work the contractor can do.
- What Kind Of Warranty Do You Offer? This is important if anything goes wrong with your roof after its installation.
- How Much Will This Project Cost? Be sure to get a detailed estimate, so there are no surprises.
- Are You Insured And Licensed? This is meaningful to get protected if anything happens.
- When Can You Start? Make sure to get a timeline of when the project will start and complete.
- How Long Will It Take to Finish The Job? Knowing how long the project will take will allow you to make the necessary arrangements.
- What Type Of Materials Will You Be Using? To ensure that the materials are first-line- up standards.
These questions will ensure that you hire a qualified and reputable roofing contractor. Be sure to get everything in writing before signing a contract.
Rest Assured You Hired A Reliable Roofing Company
If you’re ready to start your roofing project, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll be honored to answer any of your questions and provide you with a detailed estimate for our services. Thank you again for choosing Roof Savers – we look forward to serving you! Contact Roof Saver today!
Being in charge of your home can be challenging, especially regarding maintenance. One of the most difficult parts of taking care of your home is verifying that your roof’s in good condition since it’s prone to be damaged by wind, storm, snow, etc. If your home is affected by these elements, you may require a …
Roofing services are pretty essential for every single family all around the world. Yet, is there a way to take care of your roof while being eco-friendly? The answer is yes! Roof Shampoo is a service many people think of when they’re conscious about being eco-friendly but also want to keep a clean roof. Roof …
As homeowners, we are in charge of taking care of every heavy situation. However, that doesn’t mean that we’re experienced in repairing every issue that might come up. Roof maintenance is a great example. In this blog post, you will learn about accurate information and tips to help you know your roofing condition. Continue reading! …
A roofing project should be done with the utmost care and by the hands of a professional. Your house roof is one of the most important investments you will make for your home. Consequently, you should invest in a certified professional to perform the job correctly. However, it’s common to end with a bad project …
Roof repair services are essential and delicate. They should only be left to experts who have the training and experience necessary to properly and safely handle them. Before beginning any roofing project, hire a qualified roofing contractor to get a professional result on your house. It’s important to leave the task to a professional because …
Choosing a roof has almost the same feeling as finding the perfect house for you. There are various types of roofing materials available on the market, each with advantages and disadvantages. Additionally, the type and color of roofing material you choose should complement the style of your home. So, you should take time to select …
Our Previous Work
The Roof Savers Way for Residential Roofs Done Right
The Roof Savers family cares about you and your family. We install all residential roofs to Alabama’s Hurricane Fortification Standards at the same cost other contractors install non-fortified roofs. We go a step further and hire an independent contractor to inspect and certify the roof, possibly saving you 20 to 40 percent on wind coverage insurance policies.