Frequent Slips In Roofing Maintenance You Should Know About
As homeowners, we are in charge of taking care of every heavy situation. However, that doesn’t mean that we’re experienced in repairing every issue that might come up. Roof maintenance is a great example.
In this blog post, you will learn about accurate information and tips to help you know your roofing condition. Continue reading!
Ensure You Know Where You’re Standing
As a homeowner, you’ve indeed come across various roofing issues. However, sometimes you may wonder, ‘’how could I possibly know what’s going on?’’ Here’s a list of the most common roofing mistakes you should know about:
- Not Removing Old Shingles: Placing new shingles over the existing ones could cause big roofing problems in the future, such as water filtration.
- Reusing Old Flashing: The biggest functionality of flashing is to redirect water to help prevent damage and leaks. Keeping the old ones won’t provide the required protection.
- Securing Flashing: Very often, the flashings are not installed correctly on a roof. Suppose that’s the case and the flashings are misaligned, not appropriately fastened, or even overlapped. In that case, the roof will be unprotected from hard weather such as ice, snow, rain, etc.
- Imprecise Nail Placement: The nail must be placed in a specific location, like fasteners. They need to be placed at the same time the roof structure is being installed because if this procedure is not followed, it may cause structural damage.
- Incorrect Nail Length:Each type of shingle has a corresponding style and nail length. If an improper nail length is used, there is an increased risk of shingles loosening.
- Poor Attic Ventilation: The attic is a pretty important part of your home, and its role is to make sure that all the details of your roof, like tiles or shingles, have been placed solidly and correctly. That’s why you should keep your attic ventilated; if not, it can become really hot, resulting in roof damage.
Now That You’ve Uncovered Your Roofing Issue, What Comes Next?
Have you noticed any of these mistakes on your roof? Don’t worry. With Roof Savers, you’ll get more than expected from other regular roofing companies. Our cost-effective roof maintenance solutions are what you need.
We work along with established schedules for you to see results as soon as possible. We take pride in our exceptional service. Remember! Leave it to the professionals. Contact roofing experts only at Roof Savers Today!
Choosing a roofing contractor is a huge investment. Homeowners need to know everything they need to be entirely sure about investing in roofing services. Most states don’t require roofing contractors to be licensed, so it becomes even more critical that homeowners do their research before hiring anyone. The industry is full of scams and roofing …
Being in charge of your home can be challenging, especially regarding maintenance. One of the most difficult parts of taking care of your home is verifying that your roof’s in good condition since it’s prone to be damaged by wind, storm, snow, etc. If your home is affected by these elements, you may require a …
Roofing services are pretty essential for every single family all around the world. Yet, is there a way to take care of your roof while being eco-friendly? The answer is yes! Roof Shampoo is a service many people think of when they’re conscious about being eco-friendly but also want to keep a clean roof. Roof …
A roofing project should be done with the utmost care and by the hands of a professional. Your house roof is one of the most important investments you will make for your home. Consequently, you should invest in a certified professional to perform the job correctly. However, it’s common to end with a bad project …
Roof repair services are essential and delicate. They should only be left to experts who have the training and experience necessary to properly and safely handle them. Before beginning any roofing project, hire a qualified roofing contractor to get a professional result on your house. It’s important to leave the task to a professional because …
Choosing a roof has almost the same feeling as finding the perfect house for you. There are various types of roofing materials available on the market, each with advantages and disadvantages. Additionally, the type and color of roofing material you choose should complement the style of your home. So, you should take time to select …
Our Previous Work
The Roof Savers Way for Residential Roofs Done Right
The Roof Savers family cares about you and your family. We install all residential roofs to Alabama’s Hurricane Fortification Standards at the same cost other contractors install non-fortified roofs. We go a step further and hire an independent contractor to inspect and certify the roof, possibly saving you 20 to 40 percent on wind coverage insurance policies.